Summer is almost here, and you know what that means – vacation! Don’t let the high gas prices get you down; you don’t have to go far to have a wonderful time in Minnesota. Here are some budget-friendly ideas to get you planning your best trip yet!
Here’s Five Budget-Friendly Vacation Ideas …… :
- 🌊 Grand Marais - If you’re into water activities, Grand Marais will be your jam. Swimming, kayaking, canoeing, fishing, paddling boarding; you’ll find it all along the shores of Lake Superior. With rates starting at just $25, the Grand Marais Recreation Area is both budget-friendly and centrally located to all the fun.
- 🎣ɿ Root River Valley - Craving that fresh country air? Then Root River Valley is where you’ll want to be. River activities include tubing, kayaking, fishing, and more. Cedar Valley Resort has cabins big enough for multiple families, so you can share the costs. If camping is more your thing, there are plenty of local campground options.
- 🐻 Bloomington - Want to reconnect with nature? Look no further than Bloomington (just avoid the Mall of America.) The Minnesota Valley National Refuge boasts more than 45 miles of trails just waiting to be explored - but don’t feed the bears. Just kidding, there aren’t any bears, but maybe you’ll spot a Viking?
- 🏙 Minneapolis - For those who prefer concrete jungles, do not overlook the city of Minneapolis. There are so many great attractions, from the Children’s Museum to the Como Zoo Park; there are plenty of budget-friendly activities all over the city. To get the most bang for your buck, check out the Minneapolis Northwest KOA, which offers sites for tents, motorhomes, and RVs. And if that’s too much nature for you, they offer cabins as well.
- 🚎 Stillwater - Considered the “birthplace of Minnesota”, Stillwater is still one of the most popular tourist destinations in the state. Traveling with littles? Then you’ll particularly enjoy the family attractions such as the Teddy Bear Park and Trolley Tours. For Mom and Dad, there’s the BierCycle Adventures, where you can enjoy a guided tour of the city and burn some calories in the process. The best part? It’s BYOB!
🔥Bottom line: Don’t let the rising cost of - well, everything - get you down this summer. These budget-friendly travel ideas will get you out of the house to enjoy the warm weather before the snow flies again (and trust us, it will be sooner than you think).
Let us know by connecting with us on Social Media and be sure to share this newsletter with any friends & coworkers!
Btw, If you’ve read this far and haven’t yet signed up for the weekly Paycheckology newsletter, CLICK HERE!