Summer’s almost here and everything is expensive! All kidding aside, there are some great places in the state that serve as perfect and affordable getaways, whether it’s for a weekend or an entire week.
Here’s Five Budget-Friendly Vacation Ideas
- 🌊👪The Dells - You knew it was going to be on the list, so why not get it out of the way first? If you’ve never been, it’s more than just waterparks. You can even throw back to a bygone era with a night at the Big Sky Twin Drive-In Theater.
- 🎨🎭Spring Green - This tiny village may be one of the state’s biggest cultural hubs, with the infamous House on the Rock, The American Players Theater and Frank Lloyd Wright’s Talesin.
- 😎🛳Door County - It may have a reputation as being “fancy,” but there is still quite a bit to experience, including more than 240 shipwrecks. This is a real thing. In Wisconsin. For real.
- 🍺🍻MIlwaukee - It would be a crime not to mention Brew City. You’ll find plenty of affordable fun, like the Public Street Market, the Harley-Davidson Museum and the Lakefront Brewery. Leave the kids behind for that one.
- 🏖🌞Lake Geneva - If you’re after a quiet place to get away that is also surrounded by some of the most beautiful scenery in the state, you’d be hard-pressed to top Lake Geneva.
🔥Bottom line: There is absolutely no reason to stay cooped up this summer. A couple tanks of gas will probably be your biggest expense, for most of these destinations, especially when you have affordable accommodations like AirBnB available to you with just a click.
Where are you vacationing this summer? Let us know by connecting with us on Social Media and be sure to share this newsletter with any friends & coworkers!
Btw, If you’ve read this far and haven’t yet signed up for the weekly Paycheckology newsletter, CLICK HERE!